Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTech Talk
Topic subjectRE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=110&topic_id=122&mesg_id=124
124, RE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?
Posted by dogatemycompute, Fri Jan-02-09 07:20 AM

>I've been looking at hostgator, hostmonster, and bluehost, but
>would be open to any other suggestions.

I use GoDaddy. They offer quite a bit for the money. I have some domains that I only paid $1 for with the normal rate being like $10 per domain. After that it is about $4/month for the web hosting, free email with a great web interface and great support. I also like Rackspace.com.

In all honesty you should interview a couple of web developers and get some references. A good developer can help you choose a hosting company, choose a couple of domains, help with branding and design a reasonable good informational site for a few hundred dollars. If you have a good PC Tech (which every business should have) then s/he should be able to help you find a qualified web developer. If you skimp and try doing it yourself then you will get poor results.

For example.. I own a consulting firm that provides PC support for home users and we also offer a range of business services. My business is dual branded with DogAteMyComputer PC Repair for the consumer stuff and DAMC Consulting for the business stuff. If you visit www.dogatemycomputer.com (which appears on the consumer marketing material) then you are forwarded to www.damcconsulting.com which also hosts the business brand.