Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectnew Cafe Business / Some advice would be great
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=91&mesg_id=91
91, new Cafe Business / Some advice would be great
Posted by Derwall, Fri Mar-30-07 11:47 PM
Hi All,

I'm about almost to leave my job to start a new Cafe/deli Business. I have no catering /cafe experience (so far). I enjoy food and cooking, and have had the idea to start my own cafe business for the past few years. I hold a reasonable amount of business experience from past jobs. I've worked in retail in the past; both on the trading floor dealing with customers face to face and in back office preparing accounts filing tax returns etc.

I?m confident that I have chosen a good location with heavy foot traffic and a lot of office buildings close by. (I haven't signed a lease yet) I've done my market research worked on the figures and chosen a good name for the business. My current job is safe or as safe as jobs are these days. I believe that I would be better off investing in myself instead of working 10 or 12 hours a day for the boss.

I?d really love some feedback from others who have been in my situation. And if there are any cafe/deli owners reading this maybe you could offers some advice and let me know if, in your experience can people with no experience in this industry make it work.

Thanks
D