Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectRE: new Cafe Business / Some advice would be great
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=91&mesg_id=114
114, RE: new Cafe Business / Some advice would be great
Posted by equiprep, Thu Jun-28-07 05:19 PM
Do your self a favor and call a local foodservice dealer. If you are in New Zealand I do not know where to go if you are in the US please let me know what state and I can recommend a few. Do not attempt to buy a equipment for a new start up business with no industry experience especially over the internet. I know all the internet companies personally and you will get burned if you make a bad purchasing desicion this is not a computer you are buying this could be $1,000 of dollars of equipment and you do not want to make a costly mistake. I have worked with the majority of the Foodservice Dealers in the US. If you want to keep your costs low by used equipment to start. Your heaviest piece of equipment should be purchased new. For example a Range may be your most heavily used piece of equipment so by that new or maybe it is a slicer. Your tables for example you can buy used. If you have questions let me know I deal with restaurants, hotels, hospitals,etc. in foodservice every day.

As far as lease verses buy decision check with your accountant on how this will effect getting loans or future money needs. If you need money down the road and do not own the equipment you do not have any assets to borrow against.