Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectRE: Now what do I do? It doesn't look like things are working out...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=82&mesg_id=109
109, RE: Now what do I do? It doesn't look like things are working out...
Posted by DrAnnmaria, Fri May-25-07 07:48 PM
Maybe it is the clash of cultures, because we are a heavily technical company who uses graphic designers on occasion, but they all seem to have never met a deadline they couldn't ignore. My friend runs a wholly web-based company and he has the same problem. Everything seems to take FOREVER and they ask a million questions, like whether we want it in rouge or vermillion (which, apparently are different colors that I did not even know existed).

I think a graphic designer who could relate to the programming staff, get stuff done on time and in general have less of an 'artistic' temperament could make a mint working with people like me and my friend. Basically, we don't care what shade of red it is as long as we get it by Thursday.

AnnMaria DeMars, Ph.D., Vice-president
(310) 717-9089 FAX (310) 496-2068
www.spiritlakeconsulting.com

"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is,above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all. "