Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectRE: Is owning a business all it's cracked up to be?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=6&mesg_id=14
14, RE: Is owning a business all it's cracked up to be?
Posted by avenr, Sun Aug-27-06 12:48 PM
The first thing I have to say is you have to love what you are doing, because if you don't the bad times will out way any good times or good things happening in your business. If you love what you do, the long hours and hardwork you don't think about. We enterprenuers, always have high dreams and hopes and vision of what life will be like owning a business, then reality sets in and that is when you really get a good look at what it is you really want and sometimes your business is not what you want and that is ok. Bottom line having your own business is not all its cracked up to be.

I am in the same situation, I bought a biz two months ago and now I am selling it. I don't like what I am doing and I can't see myself running this business in one month, let alone 1 year from now. Unfortunately, we don't know how we are going to feel about something until we get knee deep into and that is when we discover things about ourselves, such as that maybe owning our own biz isn't what we really want.

Sorry, I haven't sent any warm or fuzzy your way, I figured I would tell you the truth.