Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectRE: OMG I'm working!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=44&mesg_id=48
48, RE: OMG I'm working!
Posted by geekgirl, Mon Dec-11-06 07:49 AM
My sister had a similar experience while trying to finish school. While at home, her hubby, kids, and mother-in-law would constantly approach her (while she was trying to compose an 18 page essay or similar). What she took to doing was to hang a placard that said something along the lines of "DO NOT DISTURB - IN SCHOOL." You could hang similar on your door... "DO NOT DISTURB - CURRENTLY WORKING."

As to the discount issue, from what your site says it seems that you now have your products manufactured yourself (but I may be wrong). While this appears to others to be your 'own' product, just tell them the truth. It is such a competitive industry that if you undersell any of your product, it is not worth all the effort - you picked the rock bottom prise you would feel comfortable selling them for, and they already ARE discounted as much as you possibly can.

As to the phone calls, EVERY time they call, sound hurried - and say you have another business call or cannot tie up the business line (you have had complaints about busy signals, people tired of waiting on hold, etcetera) it should cut down on your interrupts very quickly. (If these are still people you would like to remain friendly with, however, do make the time to call them back, or you may find yourself lonely! :) )

my $.02

geekgirl