Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectneed advice
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=162
162, need advice
Posted by longy67, Tue May-20-08 01:50 AM
my brother and i took on a shop last year of which he "allegedly " put up 20k .. i say allegedly , because i have not seen any paperwork to prove this ... the agreement was ,that he put the investment and i was to run it . everything is in his name and i have not see any of the books. we agreed that once he got his initial investment out , the business would br 50/50 .. but he wants out before that happens ... i have told him that i want to carry it on .. but he has asked for the stock value to be paid to him , if i want that to happen and he will then sign everything over to me... but what i cant gt my head round is , how can he demand the value of the stock when 40% of it was bought with turnover money... also , i do know that my name and that of his wife are on the business directors company cert . has he shot himself in the foot in doing this ?? .. and could i use that as a barganing tool , because of him not declaring it ...

PLZZZZZ HELLPPP

regards
andy