Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectHow to Stay Organized at Home?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=154
154, How to Stay Organized at Home?
Posted by graphik1, Thu Apr-24-08 02:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share some tips on staying organized at home. Many folks that decide to work from home designate a room in their home as an office but then do not take the time to invest in turning it into an office. Without organization you cannot be efficient or effective in business. For anyone familiar with Feng Shui this is a common belief, that clutter in any room hinders you from being successful.

So here are my tips-I placed the price I paid for each next to it just to give you an idea:
Purchase an L-shaped desk for maximum space. $150
Purchase a 3 tier metal stand for fax, printer, appliances...$30
Get a max of 8 drawers in tall or small file cabinets - $250 (mines were cherrywood so the price is high)
Purchase 2 large or small bookcases-get the max shelves possible/even more space than you need-think big!- $200
Purchase 2 file sorters for your desk - ($30)
Get a flat screen monitor -takes up less space ($120)
Get a pen/paperclip/whatever else rotating organizer from Staples - ($15)
Get a 3 drawer plastic drawer unit from Target or Walmart for storing supplies and keep in closet. ($20)

Some other items I have found handy is a paper shredder and the magnetic paper clip holder.

Hope you found this helpful!
Cheryl :-D