Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectRE: Name for a Design house
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=899&mesg_id=986
986, RE: Name for a Design house
Posted by AnaClark, Sun Sep-21-08 07:49 AM
Try using www.dictionary.com - use the dictionary as well as the thesaurus. I find this is a great way to come up with unique names that (hopefully) haven't been used.

Also, go to www.altavista.com and click on the babelfish, search for words like "design" and "graphics" in other languages. Often the words are too out there or nearly identical to the english word however, when you find a good one usually it sounds great. Odds are that the name/word hasn't been taken (at least not in comination with an english word). Plus, it makes for a captivating image when you can say it's the dutch word for such and such. (or so I believe)

Hope this helps- it has come in handy MANY times for myself clients that I've assisted.

ps. I'm a designer as well and have spent a good month doing names research - my result is that nearly any word in combination with "design" "gaphic" "media" "artists" etc have been sucked out of domain availability!