Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectTrademark for all businesses
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=863
863, Trademark for all businesses
Posted by Miller2193, Tue Jul-01-08 08:11 PM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out a name that i can use over and over again for all the businesses that I will open in the near future.

Currently I am just about ready open my first of the series of businesses, A bookkeeping firm ..

I was thinking about the the name 'Bookkeping Intelligence Agency' the trademark being 'Intelligence Agency'

In this group of companies includes the following...

'Landscaping Intelligence Agency'
'Market Intelligence Agency'
'Real Estate Intelligence Agency'

and more to come...

You see I want to create a brand using this trademark.

Now I just need to decide what to use as the trademark...

What do you think of 'Intelligence Agency'?

Please feel free to make suggestions, I just did not want to name it something so common like my name or initials or anything of the sort.
866, RE: Trademark for all businesses
Posted by ree4264, Thu Jul-03-08 12:41 PM
My own personal opinion is that you stay away from using "Intelligence Agency". It reminds me of something covert or secretive like the CIA.

I would think along the lines of using an "umbrella" or all encompassing name like:

The Hallmark Group (example) or...

Hallmark Industries

Hallmark Enterprises

Hallmark Limited

...and then name each individual business appropriately to be included under whatever the chosen "umbrella" name is.

(example) Green Acres Landscaping / A Hallmark Company

875, RE: Trademark for all businesses
Posted by DeenaEsq, Mon Jul-14-08 01:03 AM
Without checking, I would imagine that you'd not be able to trademark "Intelligence Agency" and even if you could, it wouldn't be a very strong mark. The strongest marks are words or combinations of letters that are not in the common vernacular or are not words at all. Look at some famous trademarks. Ebay (which doesn't mean anything) is a stronger mark than Apple. Make sense?

If you have other questions, please let me know.

Deena

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.