Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectNeed some Ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=446
446, Need some Ideas
Posted by Marine_Sniper, Thu Jul-19-07 05:10 PM
Hi, I've decided to go for broke (I hope not literally) and start my own business. But I'm finding I'm at a loss to what the name should be. I'm opening a Handyman service which will provide multiple services for home owners. But I can't think of a good name. I thought something a simple as J&M services (my initials) but not a fan of that. I would love to come up with something that sticks in peoples minds but not be corny. If anyone has a brain storm with some Ideas that would be great. Thanks
447, RE: Need some Ideas
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Jul-20-07 03:46 AM
Who is your target market??

I think using the word Handyman is a good idea unless that doesn't really cover what you are offering.

I would also check with the city by-laws where you intend to work as to what jobs you are allowed to do and what ones you need a contractor's license or other such specialized paperwork for... Some cities don't seem to allow you to change a lightbulb professionally without a union card.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
448, RE: Need some Ideas
Posted by Marine_Sniper, Fri Jul-20-07 04:46 AM
Thanks for the reply Tina,

The target market would really be anyone needing odd jobs performed which they don't have time for or just don't want to do. Such as painting, lawn maint., snow removal, general home care. I would suspect the primary market would be the elderly and single women which need a little help. Kind of like "rent a hubby"

As an example I am currently painting a barn for an elderly couple. This has already produced another job offer Staining their wood siding on their home. These are jobs which in their younger days could/would have performed, but due to their age, they really can't be climbing up and down ladders all day. Not to mention the heat.

That's what is making it hard to decide on a business name. It will be a service to many age groups. Thanks again for your reply. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Jim
512, RE: Need some Ideas
Posted by GalaGal, Wed Aug-22-07 03:28 AM
I don't know if this is too corny, but how about:

Man of the House?