Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectwee tumshies - good name or bad?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=1632&mesg_id=1632
1632, wee tumshies - good name or bad?
Posted by weetumshies, Sat Jun-01-13 08:31 PM
Hi -

I am a stay at home mum starting my own small business making unusual and fun (yet comfortable and practical!) clothing and accessories for babies and young children. I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for a tagline for me, and also opinions on my chosen name.

I have chosen "wee tumshies" as my business name. In Scotland, a tumshie is an old-fashioned slang term for a turnip, but its used (by perhaps your Granny) as a term of endearment for a small child. Its considered an affectionate term by those who know what it means but I will be trading in Scotland and Canada - is it too Scottish a term for use in Canada?

Also, I would like to have a tagline of some sort to go along with the name (as it in itself is not explanatory). I am using unusual and really lovely fabrics for my clothes so they really will stand out. I would like to highlight that the clothes are fun (I am loathe to mention the over-used term funky, but they are) and unique just like the kids wearing them. Maybe to get a better idea - you could look in google images for Lillestoff fabrics (they are one of the main suppliers of the fabrics I use)

I've been toying with something like "unique gear for your little dear" but I really don't know. I don't want the tagline to sound too corny.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!