Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectHawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=1447
1447, Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by dfalk, Fri Sep-17-10 08:51 AM
Hello everyone!

My brother and I are about to venture into another business and we need some help with names.

The business is hot dogs, but these aren't your everyday hot dogs.

My brother is a pretty talented chef and we've created a pretty fun and delicious menu.

A Hawaiian sweet bread loaf which is in the form of a hoggie is impaled on a hot spike which not only creates a hole for the hot dog but also warms and toasts the inside of the bread.

Then we've made tropical relishes, such as mango relish, coconut relish, banana relish, and a few others that we put down the hole of the bun. And after adding a little mango mustard or lilkoi mustard, we slide a polish sausage into the whole and voila!, you've got yourself a pretty incredible treat.

We're not on a tropical island, but on the coast of Southern California selling these from our custom made hot dog carts near the boardwalk.

We're looking for a fun name, that has something to do with things you would find on an island or in paradise.

Examples:

Weenie Hut (but, we don't like the word weenie)
Hula Dog
Chef's, Hawaiian style hot dogs

I hope you have some ideas you don't mind throwing our way.

Thanks so much in advance!

Derek
1462, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by Lindy79976, Wed Dec-29-10 01:28 PM
Just brain storming here but what about something to do with surfing since they can be called "hot dog" for their tricks....

Hilo Hot dogs

Big Kahuna Hot Dogs

Big Dog Kahuna

Hang 10 Hot Dogs

Hot dog Hut

Logo of surfer dude riding a "hot dog" surf board over waves of relish

GOOD LUCK:9
1470, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by BlackInc, Tue Feb-22-11 08:08 PM
Sounds like you're trying to create a Puka Dog www.pukadog.com. I like the idea myself. It's very interesting concept for sure. Bet they taste good too!

How About:

Maui Dogs
Aloha Dogs
Big Island Hot Dogs
Island Hot Dog Co.
Tropidogs
Hot Dog Cabana
Tiki Dogs

Richard
1471, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by witczak, Thu Feb-24-11 11:01 AM
I like Hula Dog. It's one of those obvious names that makes sense. That will make it easy for people to remember it.

Other ideas:
Big Dogs
Hang 10 Hot Dogs
Luau Dogs
1472, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by dbleoangel, Thu Feb-24-11 02:37 PM
"Polynesian Pups" is the name I could think of if you haven't thought of one yet. Good Luck!
1474, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by dfalk, Thu Feb-24-11 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all the fantastic name! I sincerely appreciate all of your help and I just can't wait to get this project up and running.

Thanks again everyone!
1535, RE: Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs..... NAMES???
Posted by dfalk, Mon Aug-29-11 03:38 PM
WOW!! It's been a little over 6 months since I originally posted this thread and finally the county health department has given us the green light and we're finally able to start construction.

The one thing I haven't completely settled on was the name. I like many of the ones that were posted earlier such as:

Tiki Dog
Tropidogs
Hawaiian Hot Dog Co.
Island Hot Dog Co.
Big Island Hot Dogs

So, what are your thoughts?
Are you drawn to any of these or can you think of another option?

I think this forum is awesome and I thank everyone for their help.....

Derek