Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectRE: Voice Over Business Name
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=1202&mesg_id=1209
1209, RE: Voice Over Business Name
Posted by Jaye2L, Mon Aug-03-09 11:18 AM
>Maybe it's just me, but the Utter Genius sounds a little
>cheesy. Maybe other people will like it, though !
>
>The other thought that I had was "Lyle's Larynx"

Thanks again salted,

I love the play on words with Utter Genius, but it does indeed sound pompous and/or egregious. That is definitely not how I want potential clients thinking of me. Although my ego does love it.
How funny that you thought of Larynx. I was playing with that over the weekend.

Sunday we stopped at a small roadside eatery called Mario?s Taco?s. We were sitting in their fourth restaurant. They have been in business locally since 1987. The menu is small but traditional. The food is outstanding. There are only 5 dining tables?most customers have to take their order with them.

The food is prepared as it is ordered and wrapped in foil or wax paper. They only serve fountain drinks. Traffic is steady all throughout the day. The employees at the counter are consistently friendly and courteous.

The name clearly describes who and what this business does. Mario makes tacos! It?s clean, simple, and easy to remember.
If I look at the voice over industry, literally thousands of business owners call themselves, Jim Brown, Voice Actor, Sheila Knight, Voice over Services, or Edward Smythe, Vocal Artist.

I am hoping to come up with something that stands apart from the existing masses, sounds fresh, rolls well off the tongue, and will be near the top of the yellow pages, and other directories.
Articulation Artist was suggested to get me at the top of some lists, but I need to tie Lyle into that. I?m still ?straining my brain?.

Jaye2L