Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectRE: New name for my meal planner/organizer
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=117&mesg_id=122
122, RE: New name for my meal planner/organizer
Posted by John C, Sun Oct-22-06 08:51 AM
Thanks for the compliment. How do I make money? That's easy. I can "sell" them to someone else. I haven't given away anything! This is why:

Most business persons are very picky and reject many of the names. That's a shame because they're only hurting their chances. They foolishly have to "love" the name. Many times they "love" a name that won't be remembered. For instance, just yesterday I was researching names at the Boston Public Library. I can across a name somebody must have loved. It was a tree service company. The name? 'A'Tree Service. The yellow page ad showed a woman saying "I need a tree service!"

It doesn't work that way. Just because customers use that expression doesn't mean they will remember the name. They are foolish. Most people are going to say, "What was the name of that tree service?" That's because that company DOESN'T HAVE A NAME. That's a description, not a name.

I can sell another company those names. A warning: before you reject those names, ask yourself, would I feel good if my competition USED THEM? Because YOUR COMPETITION will be using them!

Please e-mail me if you use a name and I will not release it ever again. Promise.

I also checked Dinner Dates and Peace Meals at the Trademark Office site. I don't see any conflict. Good luck.

John C.