Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectDesperatly need a name
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=112
112, Desperatly need a name
Posted by cari25w3, Wed Oct-18-06 04:13 PM
Hi, my friend and I are gathering information on starting a business together. Her name is Kim and my name is Cari. Its going to be a store where we sell candles, gift baskets votive roses and other things. We are going to do fundraisers, and also center pieces and favors for all types of parties. So, that leaves us with the ideas, but not the name. If any one has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Cari
113, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by VLomas, Thu Oct-19-06 06:45 AM
Two Chicks Boutique would be cute.
Victoria M Lomas
150, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by melvinsuresh, Tue Nov-14-06 04:57 PM
I suggested this name to someone sometime back in this fourm.

"Candle with Care"

I'm not sure if this will suit your business as you are not only dealing with candles.
170, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by Nancy, Wed Nov-29-06 02:54 PM
How about combining your names...

carikim

It has sort of a whimsical sound which might work for your business.

You could have:

"candles by carikim" all in lowercase with cari in one color, kim in another for a logo

Other ideas...

The Gift Cottage
The Candle Cottage

You could play with cari, kim, carikim, cottage, and candles.

Whatever the combination, you have a nice alliteration factor which makes a name easy to remember!

Nancy
Cheap Advertising Ideas
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
183, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by craftychck, Mon Dec-11-06 05:03 AM
I second carikim!!! I would make it "carikim gifts and more", though... Just a thought...
192, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by sugarlady, Sun Dec-17-06 04:27 PM
Someone had mentioned to me idea and thought I would pass it along. Let's say for example you choose the name "Sweet Things" and you like it but it doesn't scream "business", go to a free online translator and see what it sounds like in french, or italian, etc. It hasn't worked for me yet but maybe you'll have better luck. :-)
195, caki...anything but plain
Posted by coorscowboy, Tue Dec-19-06 01:59 PM
hello my name roger, from houston texas. as you can see I took
the first two letters from each of your names, and created a
phrase. hope this helps. thanks!
197, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by ElleBlue, Tue Dec-19-06 03:13 PM
I love Melvin's suggestion, "Candle with care". It basically says it all to me. You are selling crafts carefully made with good quality. The other names are good too, but "Candle with care", really speaks to me!
293, RE: Desperatly need a name
Posted by happyslob, Wed Mar-14-07 08:40 AM
Hey Cari,

:) I LOVE Nancy's idea of CariKim. You could do all sorts of variations with that:

- Carikim's Gift Cottage
- Carikim's Gifts and Goodies
- Carikim Cottage

I think something like Carikim Cottage would encompass everything you plan to do. Carikim Cafe would also sound cute, if you ever expanded the business to include coffees and treats, etc.

Take care,
Christina

The Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning
http://www.happyslob.com