Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBizNames
Topic subjectnew business no name , please help
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=108&topic_id=1074
1074, new business no name , please help
Posted by sasha, Fri Feb-13-09 01:55 AM
Hi. My husband and I are opening a store in a small town with most of our business conducted online. We are selling outdoor type items, but mostly knives and we are stuck on coming up with a name for the store. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
1077, RE: new business no name , please help
Posted by hostingdiva, Sun Feb-15-09 09:17 AM
Do you have any suggestions for any words you want to use?

What's the name of your town?

You could use something like:
nameoftownoutdoors.com
outdoorsatnameoftown.com
nameoftownknivews.com

But, it all depends on whether the name of your town is easy to spell :)

Best of luck :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1081, RE: new business no name , please help
Posted by sasha, Fri Feb-20-09 02:22 AM
Thank you for your help.

I suppose I should have given some suggestions at the start and maybe that would help a bit : ) We didn't want to put the town name as part of the name since we will primarily be doing business online. <althougth that was a great suggestion > We kind of liked Trading post in there or Traders.. but none of our real names fit well with it. I think the problem is our inventory is so diverse that that is why we can't settle on one name. We aren't depending on foot traffic to pay the bills, but our store is in a small town and we do want it to reflect us and the outdoorsy items we will be selling. It is also a small store with a pretty store front in a northern state across the street from a river. The interior will be a rustic setting. A witty name would fit perfectly and I hope someone can help come up with some. Thanks for any input.
1082, RE: new business no name , please help
Posted by hostingdiva, Sun Feb-22-09 11:44 AM
How about the following:

tradingontheriver.com
tradingonthewater.com
watersedgetraders.com
whimsytraders.com
lotsoftrading.com

Hope these help :)

~~~~~~~~~~~