Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameeCommerce
Topic subjectRE: Should we just bail on our ecommerce endeavor?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=91&mesg_id=92
92, RE: Should we just bail on our ecommerce endeavor?
Posted by resellers_rob, Fri Dec-01-06 05:18 AM
Good Morning;

This must be a difficult decision for you and I feel your frustration. Ultimately however, it is one you and your husband must make based on what is best for your situation.

You have a nice website, with a sound, niche product line. I think we would all agree that there are many things you could do to start getting this website moving in the right direction, but not if as you say, time is the biggest challenge.

Select Keyword marketing, partnering with other similar minded websites, link exchanges, auctions (especially this time of year), ect, ect all would help in increasing the viability of this aspect of your business progressing. But, only if you have the time and energy to persue.

Evaluate what the site is costing monthly to host, ect. Keep in mind, by pulling it down entirely, you are destroying any progress your site has made through search engines, links and so forth. It may be worth leaving up if ONLY for this reason.

If you believe within the next 3-6 months, time will allow you to persue on a more committed effort, I would maintain if at all possible. If you do not feel more time will become available to you, you may want to explore alternatives. But, if sales are minimal, the value of your enterprise would also be minimal. To get maximum value out of a selling this business, you may still want to focus on growing it first!

Thats my 2 cents. Hope it helps.