Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameeCommerce
Topic subjectI need help with Blogs
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=64
64, I need help with Blogs
Posted by Preciousshabby, Tue Nov-14-06 05:08 PM
Ok, so I created my blog, now how do I promote it? What are RSS Feeds and where do I get them and how do I get them? please let me have it in plain simple newbie english! What are the steps to promoting my blog and my husbands blog.
Please go to the blogs and see if we have what we need on the blogs to start promoting them. Thanks.
http://wahpac.blogspot.com or go to www.wahpac.com and click the blog link.
My husband's blog is http://penntell.blogspot.com
Thanks, I'm tried of pulling my hair out!
65, RE: I need help with Blogs
Posted by lisasgourmet, Tue Nov-14-06 05:59 PM
It is of my understanding that you:

1. came here for ACTUAL critism OR
2. just want people to click.

If it's the latter, let me just say, as a sister of an autistic person, your Blog isn't giving me what I (or anyone else in my position) is looking for and shame on you. It appears to me to be written by someone in junior high. Your blog(s) aren't offering me anything I don't already know or even something to relate to.

Your post appears to be a shameless plug for people to come to your site ---- looking for insight, help, whatever and you really have NOTHING to say.

Your post infuriates me. What infuriates me more is that people are going to click your silly links, looking for information, insight, help, etc. and all they are going to find is blather.

While I am normally helpful and courteous to anyone who posts here at CyberSchmooz, I just couldn't let this one go. NO ONE should be looking to make a buck off such a terrible disorder.

Sorry folks, just my 2 cents.
66, RE: I need help with Blogs
Posted by Preciousshabby, Wed Nov-15-06 11:01 AM
I'm sorry you felt this way! I am really in need of some body
telling me what to do to get the blog up in the right
direction. As a mother of an autistic child who interrupts me
continously while I work from home. It is hard for me to get
certain things done. I am not able to focus on being tooooo
creative with the blog while I am out raising money for the
orgaization. Do you have any ideas, suggestions to make things
better, rather than to criticize me. As a RN I spend my days
out talking to people making them aware of the problems that
families experience when they have an autistic child. SHAME on
you for your negative behavior! Why are you so mad and
negative. Here I am attending meetings and networking for the
puropse of helping people with children of speical needs and
you have the "Nerve" to post such a message!
If you can't help me by answering my inital questions, then
DON'T Answer!
67, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication
Posted by HighConversions, Thu Nov-16-06 04:10 AM
and is used to allow other sites to use your content.

First off, get some valuable content on your blogs. Site visitors don't care how much you worked on your blog, or what distractions are occurring when you're blogging. All they care about is what they get out of your website. If they don't receive a benefit, they will quickly go to the next blog until they find valuable information. There are millions of blogs out there, what makes yours stand apart?
68, RE: RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication
Posted by Preciousshabby, Thu Nov-16-06 10:01 AM
Thank you? All of this just for wanting to improve my blog. I'm reading a blog on blogs but it sure isn't clear on the technical stuff. I think it's just easier to hire somebody to blog for me.
Again a sincere Thanks!:(