Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameeCommerce
Topic subjectRE: drop shipping
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=57&mesg_id=109
109, RE: drop shipping
Posted by resellers_rob, Mon Dec-11-06 04:46 AM
Good Morning;

This is a concern many people have and depending on the "type" of dropshipper you partner with, may have some validity.

However, there are a great deal of companies that offer a dropship program that do not market direct to consumers (wholesale only). I would recommend if this is a primary concern to focus on finding a Supplier that works within this type of structure.

Secondly, ensure that the dropship supplier offers "blind" dropshipping. This will reduce the possibilities of your customer learning who your supplier is, as no mention of them would be made on the packing slip, and no invoice would ever be sent.

You must be prepared to do the due-diligence to ensure whoever you decide to utilize as your supplier that they're working to help you and not work against your efforts. This may take no effort at all to find (depending on product vertical), or it could take weeks or months to find that "perfect" Supply Partner.

I have worked with a large variety of dropship suppliers in my 8 plus years, and for the most part, have found them to be very professional and above board. I do not dispute that there may be a few that would have no challenge stealing customers, but I would believe this to be a very small percentage. The vast majority understand that in the long term, having their resellers build a base of customers and they concentrate on fulfillment is far more effective and less expensive then trying to build a consumer-direct base of customers on their own.

I hope this helps you. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have more questions.