Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameeCommerce
Topic subjectWant to start up tea on-line business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=421
421, Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by gstockr, Tue Jun-10-14 03:39 AM
We both love tea and want to set up tea online website to sell loose tea. We researched and noticed that there were a lot of tea websites. Is it a good idea to continue to start up tea online business even there are a lot of tea websites?

Thank you for your advice.
423, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by Mymarket-ease, Tue Mar-10-09 04:58 PM
If you are considering getting into an already saturated market, it's best to have a concept that enables you to stand out from the pack. Whether it is an extremely niched offering (specific type of tea to a specific type of buyer), or an exclusive co-branded line of teas for a specific company, there needs to be something that makes you very different from competitors.

If there is not a significant difference, then you may want to seriously re-evaluate your product offering.

I hope this helps.
442, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by Antherry, Mon May-04-09 07:52 PM
I disagree with the previous posts. A PROVEN market is a good market.

Now, you are selling LOOSE tea. That is a good thing- that means you can package and brand it yourself. DO NOT sell someone elses tea-- find a good supplier of bulk teas, buy the leaves and package them yourselves.

You'll also have to build an audience-- you'll have to have a website but more importantly you'll want a catch-- do videos of tea tastings? tell a story about every kind of tea. People buy stories and cachet-- not tea...they can get that anywhere!
451, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by mrdellano, Sat May-23-09 05:09 AM
Yes, go for it! Make your own tea and build up your brand. Find the best online tea store and do what they do + more.

There is always great new technology coming out that can help your business stand out. Always be a pioneer and bring your customer base something new and exciting.

For Example:

In addition to regular tea descriptions on your site, include a YouTube video for each item you sell. On top of great SEO and free advertising, you'll have a fun and exciting website.

Anywhoot, good luck!

~ riCh D
453, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by tmaculate1, Tue May-26-09 04:29 AM
I create branding and websites. I am probably the cheapest source you can find for the product you get in return.

Let me know if I can help you get started with this.

Travis
www.jabridesign.com
547, Deleted message
Posted by tmaculate1, Sat Jun-07-14 08:30 PM
No message
457, Deleted message
Posted by urbnwebz, Mon Jun-22-09 02:07 PM
No message
543, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by myptproduction, Mon Jul-08-13 03:53 PM
good luck on your tea business!! wish you all the best :)

www.mypartyproduction.com - party planner
550, RE: Want to start up tea on-line business
Posted by Terryhopper, Sun Aug-10-14 10:38 PM
Thanks for this post. wish you all the best for your business. Can you show us your branding websites?

http://www.businesshunters.co.za/