Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameeCommerce
Topic subjectRE: Tips on how to optimize my site
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=346&mesg_id=347
347, RE: Tips on how to optimize my site
Posted by phardytech, Sun Jun-29-08 09:24 AM
Hello,

Synopsis:

When it comes to retail, traditional SEO does not work as well compared to service-based businesses. There are some things you can do to make your site search "friendly", but optimizing it in the traditional sense is a lot more challenging.

Reason:

The reason why is because if your inventory changes frequently (ie - product availability), by the time you "optimize" each product page for the search engines and the search engines "rank" them, the product may no longer be available (ie out of stock or flat out discontinued).

Solution:

There is a special group of search engines on the Internet known as product search engines, shopping web sites, comparison search engines or CSE's. CSE's are specifically designed for retailers like yourself because:

1) They are better designed to help you market specific products

2) The target market consists of visitors - no, * shoppers * looking to buy a product or some sort of tangible item - not someone simply looking for "information".

The "big three" (Google.com Yahoo.com and MSN.com), are "information-based" search engines. They're best suited for "information"-based sites. CSE's are designed for product-based sites.

At our company, we always encourage retailers to make their site search friendly for the "information-based" search engines so products can be indexed, but if you could also market your products straight to your target market, why not?

Here are some of the CSE's you can market to:

google.com/products
shopping.yahoo.com
shopping.msn.com

Notice the sites above are owned by the "big three". They are different than google.com, yahoo.com and msn.com. The three above are known as * shopping * sites, shopping search engines, shopping desinations or simply CSE's. There are approximately 40 CSE's on the market today and there are *millions* of people who use them everyday. More so during the end of the year holiday season in the U.S.

If you want to learn more about CSE's or you need assistance in using them to help you generate traffic to your website, you can do the following:

1) Visit http://www.phardy.com. Scroll 1/2 way down the page and on the left-hand side, enter your name and email address. Then check your email and follow the instructions we'll send to you. When complete, we will start sending you information not only on CSE's but also how to increase your online store's profit 40% or more in a year.

2) Give us a call at 800-896-4022. You can ask for me (Patrick), and I'll explain to you how these CSE's work.

Regards,

Patrick Hardy

P Hardy Technologies, Inc.
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. #400, Uniondale, NY 11553
1-800-896-4022 (phone) 516-342-4825 (fax)