Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjecthelp getting customers in the door
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=849
849, help getting customers in the door
Posted by beachgirl27, Sat Feb-16-08 09:43 PM

beachgirl

We opened a cute bead and coffee shop. Everyone who comes in loves the place; but the problem is how to get more traffic in the door. We are on the corner of 105 & 14th for exam. 105 being the main street through town, and we are the first business on the side str. and can be seen. Sign is back off main rd. per the city; do radio ads, done newspaper, coupons to local hotels at times, help.... opened in Aug. of last year, so at the end of summer.
853, RE: help getting customers in the door
Posted by jerky4free, Sun Feb-17-08 07:40 AM
Ok, first I need to ask is it really a bead and coffee or is a bread and coffee, depending on the answer will depend on the advice. At first I assumed that it was bread, but the more I thought about it bead and coffee would be different so I didn't was to assume. Let us know.:D

:P
861, RE: help getting customers in the door
Posted by Pepperfire, Tue Feb-19-08 09:13 AM
My thoughts on your situation...

When presented with situations such as yours I think always of the town of Merrickville, Ontario -- A quaint little row of various and sundry gift shops where people go specifically to shop for gifts. The town is well known and on any given day, there are 10-50 people all with shopping bags roaming the street, an optimum location for any kind of shop.

Interestingly enough, there are several side streets off the main street, but everything "around the corner", seems to be constantly for sale. Which tells me that folks don't go "around the corner".

That said. Many businesses, it's illegal in my town, will put out a sandwich board that advertises the existence of their shop, "around the corner" and you might want to consider that, assuming your town bylaws allow it.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!