Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=846
846, Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by Scampbelly, Fri Feb-15-08 10:44 AM
My husband just started a business called DLC Consultant Group - www.dlconsultantgroup.com - in which he provides consulting services in the areas of education and organizational change. He's getting speaking engagements in front of national organizations (with rave reviews - I might add) but have not yet engaged any business. As you may have guessed, I'm helping him with his marketing. I'm just looking to the Idea Cafe community to see if you can give me additional insight on how we might maximize our opportunities to actually engage business.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sheila
882, RE: Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by cruisenfavors, Tue Mar-04-08 01:02 PM
I can suggest marketing directly to curriculm directors in school districts. Send a packet or over view of the professional development you offer and testimonials. Try first with the smaller suburban districts and go from there.

Good Luck,

ttfs

www.crusienFAVORS.com
Your FAVORite favor store!
888, RE: Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by jswank02, Sun Mar-09-08 12:55 PM
I have actually come across a similar situation with one of my clients before. If he is doing speaking engagements to rave reviews the key is the presentation package he has at this engagements. A business card with the website address is okay but doesn't sell enough. Does he have any handouts etc?

OKAY how odd I just looked at the website. I live in SICKLERVILLE just a town away. Small world!!!!

Thanks

Joanna Swank

JSwank Marketable Concepts
www.jswank.com
info@jswank.com
889, RE: Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by jswank02, Sun Mar-09-08 12:57 PM
Sheila side note have you ever thought about applying for an ISBN number for his dissertation? You may be able to then sell it on Amazon just a side thought.

Joanna Swank

JSwank Concepts

www.jswank.com
info@jswank.com
900, RE: Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by Scampbelly, Sun Mar-09-08 01:41 PM
Hi Joanna,

Thanks for the suggestions. This is a small world. I too have a business www.scripturaldelights.com and I just looked at your website.
I'm going to reach out to you this week to discuss how you might be able to assist me in my marketing efforts.

Sheila Campbell
Scriptural Delights
904, RE: Marketing Idea for Educational Consulting Business
Posted by jswank02, Tue Mar-11-08 02:54 AM
I know I laughed when it was close.

Thanks

Joanna Swank