Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing Budget
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=831
831, Marketing Budget
Posted by Barcelona, Tue Feb-05-08 06:43 AM

Do you guys have a standard set % of revenue you use to budget for your yearly marketing ?? (restaurant)

what type of mix do you guys use??

Print
Direct mail
web ads
web directories like city search, opentable, restuarant .com
coupons / door hangers
street promos

Need some help here to put some numbers togehter asap guys !!!!

THANKS
833, RE: Marketing Budget
Posted by jerky4free, Thu Feb-07-08 08:59 AM
We use percentages of each sales to put toward things. For instace in my local business, we tythe 10%, donate to our online company 10%, advertize 10%, office supplies 5% etc. It works for us, but the percentages may change at certain times of the year. If we are doing real well and let's say office supplies don't need to be 5% we can up another % somewhere else. I think it varies for every business for what the % need to be so you just need to play with the numbers until it works for you and your busness.

Laura:P :P
834, RE: Marketing Budget
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Feb-08-08 07:30 AM
We also use percentages, but we bank the percentages that don't apply. You never know when they will go over budget. You'll also want to determine whether you want to move the budget or maintain it by banking it based on what your board says (if you have one) or on personal choice, or indeed on necessity... Cash flow for PMEs being what it is when you're just starting up.

Our percentage for marketing is a standard 10% of Revenues.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
898, RE: Marketing Budget
Posted by jswank02, Sun Mar-09-08 01:16 PM
I have t start by saying I find this an odd question coming from a marketing company which is what you appear to be.

Anyway from one marketer to another a restaurant will generally spend only 5-8% however if they are in their first year they will spend 13-18%.

Thanks

Joanna Swank

JSwank Marketable Concepts
www.jswank.com
info@jswank.com