Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: My first time here...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=8&mesg_id=12
12, RE: My first time here...
Posted by Spread the News, Wed Aug-23-06 04:22 AM
Hello Dr V,

I have been in the marketing/advertising/public relations field for over 20 years. Many of my clients over the years have expressed an interest in "changing the world." My advice is always the same. This is not your job and you don't have enough money to accomplish it anyway. So, trying to convince non-chiropractic believers and to convert them to be your patients is fruitless. Rather you need to concentrate on the marketplace in which you do business.

Many chiropractors pursue the accident/injury segment of the population. This is very lucrative being that many insurance companies now include chiropractic care under their covered benefits.

How about a different approach for you. You mention "you think daily about good diets, good exercise, positive mental attitude, and many other wellness approaches to their health." You are correct in this assessment, so why don't you focus on sports-related issues and injuries? Rather than just having a big sign over your door that says "Chiropractic Office" rename your practice to reflect this sports concentration. Begin to write press releases geared specifically to golfers, runners, and any other activity that is prevalent in your area. Submit these on a regular basis to all of your local daily newspapers. In addition, spend some money. Invest in your marketing with ads in these same papers letting the consuming public know about your specialty. Remember, one ad will not bring in all the business you'll ever need. Consider using one insertion per week, basically forever! You cannot predict when your services will be needed, so rather you should be communicating with your consuming public on a regular basis.

I hope this will help steer you in a productive way to develop and maintain a clientele.

Be well,
Michele Borowsky
http://SpreadtheNews.net

Affordable Daily Newspaper Editors Non-spam Email Addresses for Your Press Release Submissions on a per State Basis