Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMaketing Info needed
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=776
776, Maketing Info needed
Posted by sohomom, Tue Nov-20-07 03:26 PM
I'm doing some marketing for a friend. I pretty much have everything in order: The contacts, Press Release etc....

My question is what gurantee can I offer with my marketing efforts (if any)? Is that part of the marketing business?

My line of thinking is I can only gurantee your info will reach 20,000 households. Like in business you can't gurantee you will make a certain amount of money you can only estimate, sell your product and hope for the best.

Please help with this issue.

777, RE: Maketing Info needed
Posted by Barcelona, Wed Nov-21-07 02:23 PM
you can't guarantee anything!!! Unless you are an established marketing company with Solid Media contacts

be careful what you promise, make sure it is in your power to deliver !

Good Luck, I am sure you have a solid PR plan together
779, RE: Maketing Info needed
Posted by sohomom, Wed Nov-21-07 02:47 PM
I have solid PR contacts. I've work in PR normally I write them for clients and send them out to my contacts. I don't really get involved in a full blown marketing campaign like now. Just trying to help a friend. He's opening a restaurant and wanted me to do a full blown marketing campaign. I'm going to do the website for him, a direct mail (postcards) to his target market and a radio ad.

I have another question....How would we gauge the success of this campaign?????

Thanks
780, RE: Marketing Info needed
Posted by Strategist, Fri Nov-23-07 06:57 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you in business? Are you getting paid for this?

Your guarantee depends on what you were previously able to guarantee your clients.