Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Help needed with mobile computer repair business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=704&mesg_id=713
713, RE: Help needed with mobile computer repair business
Posted by Pepperfire, Tue Oct-16-07 04:19 AM
>Our next stepping stone
>is how to attain business clients, or at least how to get our
>feet in the door to present our services to them.

Referrals... It is not who you know, it is who knows what you know... Target your network. Ask people who know what you can do, who they would contact if they were the one's establishing this business AND get them to write a note of introduction or call on your behalf, so you're not going in there cold. (Always get permission to use the referrer's name).

> What we will be offering is blocks of service packages.
>This will include something along the lines of:

I think blocks of service packages is a great idea... You should also have a one shot deal, menu; outlining what each service costs, so they can easily see that the block package is a great deal.

I can't help you in figuring out your pricing, I do all my own computer stuff so, I don't know where you should be.

What you might want to do is to write a brief survey, post it on survey monkey and ask people to complete it and share it with their networks. Questions you should ask, should include things like... "If you had to pay a technician to do it for you, how much would you pay for computer services"... Use multiple choice answers. Other questions are... "how often do you back up (I personally think having someone come in through my back door once a month and doing a full back up of my system is an invaluable service that someone should offer), how often do you defrag, how often do you optimize, etc."

Ultimately, the best way to get out there is to tell everyone. Put ads, and press releases in the local paper. You might want to talk to your partner, whichever one of you can write should be creating a weekly/biweekly/monthly computer info article for your local newspaper/grocery store flyer or some sort of magazine, as well as a blog, that will give just enough information to people like me, that they will regularly read your column and just enough information so that the guy who oughta put the computer back in the box and send it back to the retailer, will call you for your services, BECAUSE you've made it clear to the area that YOU are the go-to guys for the jobs.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!