Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Help needed with mobile computer repair business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=704&mesg_id=706
706, RE: Help needed with mobile computer repair business
Posted by LisaPR, Fri Oct-12-07 06:57 AM
Jonathan,

I have to disagree with your "marketing guru" on several points. One do not give a discount to all customers. This is in essence telling you to lower your rates across the board.

New customers get the discount as an incentive to use your ervices over the comeptitions. Also potential customers want to know that the person they are planning to buy services from has the experience to do the job right the first time. I would leave the "16 years of experience" in the flier. Yes competition may have more years of experience but that is not the deciding factor in choosing you over them.

All things being equal custoemrs will choose you over the compeittion based on personal reasons, customer service nad other intagibles. You have to sell them on you and your level of service to them.

If you approach them right and listen to their concerns and issues and then explain to them in terms they can understand how you can address their issues and provide soultions for them they will choose you over the someone else.

About certificiation I know Microsoft is important to have displayed and dispalying all 20 may be too much. I would hang out certifications for things like Cisco, Microsoft and other certificates for the most popular prgrams or areas in the industry - programming, web site design/building, key software, operating systems (Linux, Mac, etc.). This would cover all your bases with potential customers and eliminate the need to switch them out for each new client.

Now somethings to do to get more business:
1- position yourself and your company as experts in computer issues.
2- Secure speaking enganments at local business functions, panels, SBA, SCORE events, etc.
3- Issue press releases to local media about the company, computer trends, online trends, etc. Make sure that each release is relevant to what is going on in the world today in terms of computer industry, convergence, new technology, etc.
4- post tips and advice on your company's website. this gets people to visit more often
5- Start a blog with basic tips on maintaining computer equipment - deleting trash, cookies, etc. the everyday things people should be doing to keep their computers riunning efficiently.

I hope this helps you.