Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectHelp needed with mobile computer repair business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=704&mesg_id=704
704, Help needed with mobile computer repair business
Posted by jwensil, Thu Oct-11-07 05:59 AM
Hello all,

I recently started a mobile computer repair business and need a little help with the marketing aspect. I have put out over a thousand flyers to local businesses, parking lots etc and have received two clients from that. I am offering a 15% discount for new customers and 10% referral bonuses.

My partner spoke with a "marketing guru" last night who believes that we should be giving the 15% discount to ALL customers as it will show that we are not small time. Also, on the flyers I have "Over 16 years experience" which the "marketing guru" believes should also be removed. The reasoning is because there are other companies who might have more experience, i.e. "Over 20 years experience".

My questions are:

1 - should we be giving ALL customers the 15% discount? And if so, also the 10% referral bonus in conjunction with that?

2 - Should I remove the tagline, touting my experience?

3 - I also have 15 - 20 certifications which I have the most relevant displayed depending on the clients we are targeting. The 'guru' believes that I should remove the specific certifications and only put 'Microsoft Certified'. Is this the way to go?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
Merlin Computing