Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjecthelp needed in formulating a marketing strategy for newly opened pizza outlet
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=669
669, help needed in formulating a marketing strategy for newly opened pizza outlet
Posted by kashifehsan, Sun Sep-02-07 03:28 AM
Dear respected members,

My name is Kashif & I belong to Pakistan. I want to open a small pizza outlet with take away & free home delivery options.

Due to low finances I am opening this outlet on my own place & not in a market. This is a commercial location near to my house but away from area's main markets. Due to this there is not enough public gathering near to it.

Also, I have to cope with following challenges;

1. Currently I have no closed sitting arrangement for customers.
2. My brand name is completely unknown to the customers.
3. My competition will be with very popular brand names such as Pizza Hut.
4. In long run my limited customers will remain the same.
5. As already mentioned above, my place is at a distance of 1~2 km far from my area?s commercial places.

But, I feel that this is the right time to capture the market of this area because of following reasons;

1. I have plently of wide open green space for customers to sit and also to park their vehicles.
2. There is no specialized pizza shop in this area. There are some bakeries who are selling pre-baked pizza.
3. To eat a fresh hot pizza people have to visit city market (Main Bazar or you can call it super market which is approx. at a distance of 8~10 kms from my area).
4. As we all know; people like change so I think change in taste will attract customers.
5. Ordering a pizza for home delivery normally take more than one hour to reach to the customer. As you know it effects freshness and hotness of the product.
6. Also my place is on the road parallel to main road of housing society.

In these conditions please suggest what will be a successful marketing strategy. Also tell me how i can attract customers towards my outlet?

I would be very thankful to all of you

Kashif
Pakistan

727, RE: help needed in formulating a marketing strategy for newly opened pizza outlet
Posted by achievedisplay, Tue Oct-23-07 05:33 PM
I think in light of your "green space", you should have an event that would bring people to your store. Here are some examples:

- Outside Movies (projected on a screen)
- Free Children's Birthday Party Facilities (Customer's still buy the pizza)

- Think of other community building events

- coupons in newspapers

Good luck!
728, RE: help needed in formulating a marketing strategy for newly opened pizza outlet
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Oct-24-07 09:39 AM
Samples!

Walk around town offering tastes of the pizza in areas where there are people, and send them to your store.

Good luck. You've got your work cut out for you going up against the big box stores.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!