Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Marketing an Easy Meal Prep Store
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=656&mesg_id=757
757, RE: Marketing an Easy Meal Prep Store
Posted by achievedisplay, Mon Nov-05-07 02:31 PM
I don't know if these are feasible, but what I would like to see if I had one local:

Thanksgiving is coming up - A great time for benefits. See where you can help out and get some free press from it + you get to help someone else.

I think a seriously dynamic website is a necessity. Customers can go online and order whatever they want in their meal, you confirm it, and make it. This way each customer gets exactly what they want. If the place is about saving time, then it has to be in every respect.

My idea is that meal prep is all about saving time, but you want great food that you can cook at your own convenience. I think you have to come of with a gift program - so I can call in a meal for my mother. She works too hard to be cooking anymore anyhow. And then the convenience factor with the gift registers in my mind that, its easy and it tastes good, good enough for a gift.

Is it possible to get hooked up with the convention industry? and possible segway somewhat into light catering? This would bring more people in contact with your food, allowing them to see the value.

Have you thought about contacting local food distributors and getting restaurant style food that isn't available anywhere but at chain restaurants? There was a place here that did solely that. They were moderately successful. So you could go and get the exact same french fries that your favorite restaurant had, but that wasn't available in the grocery store.

What is the atmosphere of your place? People that can afford meal prep services expect something different. Is it all stainless steel glass front freezers? What about hiring a starving artist to paint food inspired paintings or murals? This way, your place would really stand out in their mind.

It's getting cold. What about the most delicious apple cider anyone has ever had when they come in? A free cup. People will stay longer when they are comfortable.

Freshness - I think maybe some homemade dips would be good in complementing. Sundried tomato, feta, etc.

Do you make hummus or anything like that? Is there a market for it?

Now I'm rambling...

Good Luck!