Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectWhat has been your best marketing move?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=59
59, What has been your best marketing move?
Posted by lizzers, Mon Oct-09-06 06:55 AM
Hi All,

I am just starting my own business (www.pacificpewter.com) and trying to figure out the best way to spend my small marketing budget...I would like to hear from you to find out what worked for you, what you thought was a waste of money, etc.

I am planning on putting ads in local newspapers, doing some internet advertising, etc.

So, what works for you?

Thanks,
Elizabeth
66, RE: What has been your best marketing move?
Posted by Phanntom, Sun Oct-15-06 02:51 PM
In answer to your question of our best marketing move. While there will be many who will disagree with me I'm sure, I believe our best marketing move was establishing our quality, in product and customer service as the cornerstone of our company. We evidently have been successful enough that since our first day in business 18 yrs ago, we've never run and ad, issued press releases or spent any money on traditional advertising. In the end, our growth to what will end up being another record year has been word of mouth.

Now something that should be said here is that while we don't pay for advertising, it isn't any cheaper. We spend more manufacturing our product than our competitors do. Also, we deal with a smaller market. Just as there's a smaller market for Lexus than there is for Chevrolet.
Being the best at everything we do is as important as the raw materials used in the products.

73, RE: What has been your best marketing move?
Posted by Pepperfire, Mon Oct-16-06 10:01 AM
I have to agree with Denny, it is imperative that your product be the best and your customer service be absolutely immaculate -- EVEN if and Especially if, it costs you money.

The one thing in addition to this that we have done that makes a huge difference to our bottom line is that the few marketing dollars (a lot of them, btw) are spent on getting people to taste our product. Once they taste our product, they become customers and once they experience our customer service, they become advocates.

We have a newsletter that I personally write every month to keep our name in their minds and we make a habit of becoming as familiar as we can with our customers. We believe that a customer is all good and well, but we would much rather have advocates!

Take care of what you're offering as Denny suggested and then get out there physically and let everyone and their dog touch, smell, taste, feel what you do... ( I worded it that way because I don't know what you're marketing). IOW, get in their face, hopefully your product and service will make them keep coming back.

Hope my thoughts help add to Denny's.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
79, RE: What has been your best marketing move?
Posted by magicalmoney, Sun Oct-22-06 01:33 AM
Elizabeth,

Just two months ago I was working on trying to figure out what to do with my advertising and if you want to do internet advertising why don't you check into the link I have below - these are TWO Multi-millionaires that teach how to advertise/market altogether and to market on internet. You can learn the whole site for free.

They have created a FRanchise System that means duplicate what they do and you will have success in promoting your business.

They offer it for free like I said - If you want sign in for free - go to the Member's area and go under Success Guide - if you follow every step of what they say - you will make money, cut your costs for advertising and you will be successful.

If you decide to combine the internet marketing with your business you can do that to and accumulate free leads or business to your business automatically - they have it all set-up like that.

Check into it - you will be surprised how it can help you.

I feel its important to learn how to market yourself before you spend tons on your advertising. Look at it for free and read the Success Guide.

all the best,
barbara

"Only losers buy Leads"

http://www.payitforward4profits.com/magicalmoney