Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: How can I get more Search Engine Hits
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=577&mesg_id=578
578, RE: How can I get more Search Engine Hits
Posted by Roseb441702, Wed Jul-04-07 09:30 AM
>My webpage is not getting the hits. I paid for a Google
>sponsored ads and added meta tags, but I wanna know how to get
>to the top of search engines. Should I pay for a 'submit url'
>service? Do these work? My biz is a background
>investigations company. :o

A lot of the major search engines let you submit your site manually so you could do that yourself instead of hiring someone.

I have had some very good success with my sites being at least on the first two pages of the search engine listings when certain keywords were looked for. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at this because I didn't submit my URLs to the search engines.

There is a "hard" way and an "easy" way to do this. The easy way is to just do some research on the sites that rank where you want your site to be.

The "hard" way - which is also the way that I think is best - is to concentrate on the content of your site. Add a statistical tracker so that you know where your traffic is coming from. Add a counter (even if its an invisible one that only you can see until your numbers increase) so that you can track your number of visitors.

I do webpage analysis of websites and I think that this would be a good thing for you to do yourself. It's just not enough of "build it and they will come".