Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Marketing business to business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=566&mesg_id=570
570, RE: Marketing business to business
Posted by LisaPR, Tue Jun-26-07 10:40 AM
Curtis's suggestion and advice is right on. Another step to take is to go to industry events in real estate, remodeling, etc.

This is where you meet your potential clients. You can exchange business cards and give your elevator pitch about what you do.

Always follow up, within a couple of days, with a phone call, email or quick note to everyone you met at the event.

I use a postcard that I had printed up at Vistaprint. All I have to do is add their name and address and drop it in the mail the next day. It serves as a reminder of having just met you and what your business and contact info is.

Don't wait for the joint venture agreement to beginning recommending the people you met at these events. That is a good way to build goodwill among potential clients and they just may send referrals your way as well. After a couple of those it should be easier to propose the joint venture.

I hope these suggestions help out a little.