Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=531
531, Marketing
Posted by mkpfaith, Fri Jun-15-07 06:11 PM
Someone please suggest ways we can market ourselves. We are a new theatre company (adults and kids) in North CArolina. We take our plays to people: schools, church groups, events. We are having our first summer drama camp this summer (SOON). We kept our costs low purposely because we want to attract the kids out there who may have talent but lack funds to be a part of theatre.
Well we really need to get businesses to donate money or be sponsors. I am not sure how to go about doing this.
Because we kept costs to kids low, we won't be able to get all the kids t-shirts- kids who are in the camp. It will cost us about $350 to have the t-shirts made. I feel that we really need to just make it happen... make sure everyone has a shirt.
533, RE: Marketing
Posted by Phanntom, Sat Jun-16-07 09:55 AM
Since this is theatre I'm assuming you'll have some sort of program for audiences? If this is the case, devote a number of pages to advertising and then sell this space to local businesses. One of our customers just sold us a space in their school plays program. I can tell you from past experience, we'll never get a single sale from it, and this is the way most businesses feel. However, it makes it easier for you to hit up the businesses when you're actually asking them to sponsor something rather than just dolling out money. As businesses we're almost obligated to buy.
Good luck
538, RE: Marketing
Posted by ZeroGCreative, Mon Jun-18-07 12:01 PM
You should go to day cares and preschools! I know my daughters' pre-school always have little magic acts, traveling zoos, etc throughout the year. Every parent is asked to pay $4 for each show, so the school doesn't cover the whole cost. Hope this helps!
542, RE: Marketing
Posted by Pepperfire, Tue Jun-19-07 02:54 AM
Call them and ask for their support. It will help if you're a non-profit organization, but isn't necessary. Everyone has heartstrings for kids.

Tell the businesses your purposes, and they can write off 100% of their cost to advertise in your programmes, on your posters, etc. As advertising costs. (You might even find companies such as mine who might be willing to print all of your paperwork for you in exchange for a full colour banner ad on the last page of your programme, etc.)

I can't tell you how often I end up in a position where it seems like every business in town is supporting something that I would have supported had I only been asked.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!