Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: I am in a rut re: how gain more direct customer business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=528&mesg_id=933
933, RE: I am in a rut re: how gain more direct customer business
Posted by only4promo, Fri Mar-21-08 04:44 AM
Well it seems to me that you're half way there. Most businesses are not breaking even so the fact that you're not losing money is a testament to you and your efforts. Press release is good and no you don't have to have the best website with all of the bells and whistles. The name of the game is exposure. Make sure that your submitting your site to all of the search engines and utilizing search engine optimization (SEO) to help you get your message to the masses. I run a promotional advertising company and I can tell you that I spend the majority of my time working with my clients trying to figure out these same things. Often times I spend so much time working to figure out their issues and concerns that I often neglect my own business. Promotional advertising is a good way to send a message to your potential clients through a creative medium. I'm not just talking about pens and magnets either. I think a custom imprinted recipe book or generic cookbooks with your company logo would have a strong appeal to your clients. How about offering baking classes..simple stuff where it would not take away from your business...people could pay a fee and you could provide them with one on one instruction and you could do a custom imprinted apron as part of their registration fee. The key to your lasting success is to get interactive. You have to give a little to make a little.