Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Where do we go???
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=521&mesg_id=573
573, RE: Where do we go???
Posted by CurtisD, Wed Jun-27-07 11:03 AM
This is something I wouldn't normally suggest, but with what you're doing, it may be a good fit.

I think with what you're doing, strapping on some good old fashioned foot leather and pounding the pavement may be worth trying. I personally sold energy contracts door to door for over a year, and if in 10-15 minutes I can do a good enough job explaining the program to have people signing 5 year contracts, than it isn't far fetched to think that you may be able to find a few people who would realize the benefit of taking a home inventory.

Door to door sales isn't easy, it takes a ton of dedication and even more motivation to get over "the monster at the door", but when you can overcome that fear and go out and do it, you'll probably be surprised as to how well it is is received.

The great thing about it is, other than business cards and maybe a free report/other promotional materials for handing out, it doesn't cost you a thing. You can try many different areas like low income housing, middle class suburbs, affluent gated neighborhoods and everything in between to see what market is best for you.

What's the best way to make sure people are hearing your message? Go out and tell it to them yourself face to face!

I don't know what kind of time you have, or how much you make per sale, but this is probably at least worth trying when you get a chance. Sit down and think of all the benefits of your service, write out a script for an introduction and pitch, than go out and try it, tweak it, and work it until you get it right.

Once you get it going well enough, you can start working referrals, or you can continue to do it this way if you enjoy it.

I met a lot of great people when I was going door to door. I had supper with a few, coffee with many, and met all kinds of fantastic people with great stories. Sure, some people told me to beat it, but the good people far outnumbered the bad. This isn't something you have to do forever, but it may work a lot better then you would think.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Keep us posted,
Curtis

Discover the 95 year Old System
That Ignites Entrepreneurs Incomes
and Creates Customer Stampedes
Unlike Anything You?ve Seen Before?
http://www.TheWealthSummit.com