Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing Line
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=497
497, Marketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing Line
Posted by pammac, Tue May-29-07 10:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone here either has worked for a school, run a school, preschool, montesorri, etc.

My idea is to put together a fundraiser for schools where a percentage of each purchase would go back to the school for a fundraiser. We are currently creating our website so we can offer coupon codes for the participants to put in upon checkout and we will then know which school their purchase was for. Our clothing line is currently for little girls ages 2-6.

My idea is to send an intro letter to many schools in my area, then call them as a follow up and go to meet them with a Power Point presentation and bring some samples of our clothes. This could be a very good way to raise some money for the school. We design and manufacture our own line of clothes so they will not find these styles, fabrics, etc. anywhere, not in any store.

I am trying to determine what percentage to offer the school on each sale.

Has anyone done anything like this? any ideas, comments, suggestions?

Thanks!
498, RE: Marketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing LineI
Posted by Barcelona, Tue May-29-07 03:05 PM
I have done a similar thing for several pizza restaurants, dry cleaners, and even krispy cream back when they where hot

just put together a simple fundraiser package... info/details of promotion, directions on how to become a participating school, and how duns will be deposited into their specific account.

Then attended one of your local Chamber meetings, make an intro, you will meet with lots of people who work with school and they will open some doors for you locally. once your program is bug free launch a direct mail program (TARGET PTA)...