Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Brand new business....no budget
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=491&mesg_id=557
557, RE: Brand new business....no budget
Posted by CurtisD, Thu Jun-21-07 10:02 AM
Hi there,

I think the idea of a flyer is a good one, however I would try using something catchy instead of something "professional" looking. It has been proven time and time again that good headline pulls in more people than a fancy brochure or things of that nature. I would try using flyers and an add as a lead generation system.

In your flyers, you could use something like: WARNING! Home owners, if you're considering getting your floors done then you need to call now for your FREE report that details the 7 biggest mistakes most home owners when choosing flooring, that costs them $1000's. Call (insert your phone number) now for a recorded message and the free report that most flooring companies are praying you NEVER read.

This attracts much more attention than using something like: Need your floors done, call (your phone number). Of course you will actually need to modify this to suit you (I don't know much about the flooring industry, but there must some common mistakes most homeowners make when choosing their flooring, or companies that they deal with). After you have considered this, write out a report saying exactly what people are doing wrong, and what you will do to make sure it doesn't happen to them if they choose you.

I would consider changing your home answering machine to say: Hi there this is Taft, if you are calling about the free report, please leave your name and address, and I will get the information sent out to you within 24 hours. If you would prefer to receive the information by email, please leave the best email to send the information to. Thank you.

Also if you have a second line that you don't use often, I would use that as the number for people to call. (Personally, I have 2 numbers that both use the same line, and when my phone rings there is a different ring for each number so that I know who is calling me personally and who is calling for business, this is very inexpensive to have added on to your monthly phone plan if you don't already have it.)

People love free information, (especially if it is going to save them money). People don't like talking to pushy salesman, so I would advise to try using 2 different lines with different ringers, so that people calling for information are sure to get your recorded message and not you.

Now comes the step where you email, or mail them this free report, remember in the report to explain what you promised you would, and to let them know how you'll be different. Close this report off with an irresistible offer and guarantee.

Try somethings like this at the end of the letter:

P.S. I'm so confident that you'll love my services and the work I do, that if you aren't completely satisfied after I finish, I will come back as many times as you want to get the job done AND I will give you a 100% refund your money. Also on TOP of this already terrific offer, for the first 2 people to book their appointments I will do the entire job for 25% off).

The great thing about this is it won't cost you very much to test it. $5 a month change in your phone plan, a couple hours of writing the flyer and report and maybe a few dollars in postage. The upside is this multi step sell system is much more effective then something like: Need your floors done? Call Taft. They say most people aren't sold on the first "touch", using a system like this (which is mostly automated), your potential customers are "touched" at least 3 times before they even talk to you! And other than the initial set up, all you had to do was send out an email or letter.

As I said, I don't know much about the flooring industry, and you will need to modify this to better fit what you're doing. This is just a general example of a proven system any business owner in any industry can use. Try it out, I'd love to hear about your results.

Best of luck,
Curtis

Discover the 95 year Old System
That Ignites Entrepreneurs Incomes
and Creates Customer Stampedes
Unlike Anything You?ve Seen Before?
http://www.smallbusinesscopywriter.com