Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectsuggestions of how to get teacher to teach classes at my cafe
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=445&mesg_id=445
445, suggestions of how to get teacher to teach classes at my cafe
Posted by Cafe Lavender, Mon May-07-07 06:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and it is the first time I post a question. I have a small internet cafe in San Francisco. It is at the basement level of a 3 story building. I have been running the cafe for 2 years now. I keep trying to think of new marketing ideas. The cafe is only 610 sq. ft and it fits about 20 - 25 people. It is quite small.

I was reading through the forums and see some people suggest holding events at their cafe/coffee shops. I held a couple events before, but my cafe is too small and people aren't too happy about it because it is too loud and too crowded. I am thinking about finding teachers to teach small classes/seminars at the cafe at night, probably between 6:30pm to 9pm. I am thinking students might buy something from the cafe before the class starts. It also help to get more people to know about my cafe (hopefully they are the ones who live around here as well).

Does anyone have any experience with having teacher teach classes/having seminars in a cafe? How do you find the teachers? How do you charge them (by hour, by night, etc)?

Any suggestions or other marketing ideas are appreciated.