Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: I need help/suggestions with my marketing!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=368&mesg_id=393
393, RE: I need help/suggestions with my marketing!
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Apr-11-07 04:01 AM
Hi Claudette,

This Dr. Biz guy is making me nervous.

We looked into using "pay per click" services and what I discovered was that "pay per click" rarely works for anyone but the one offering the service.

Your keywords and your relevancy is what is going to get you on websites. I can't believe people are still pretending to sell "SEO" like that. If you're publishing to the web, the spiders will find you. You don't have to "submit" anything like you used to years ago.

What you DO need is to drive traffic to your site and track where it is coming from. The old adage of "if you build it, they will come" is a crock. If they don't know you're there, they're not going to find you.

You have to spend some time, effort and energy letting people know that you exist firstly and why you are the expert in your product secondly. You need to become the one that people will come to for what you provide. That's what niche marketing is all about: I recommend that you google "niche marketing" and learn how to target focus your efforts.

Then get in front of the eyes of the people who are interested in your product...

If I were marketing your product, I would write articles about the things that I know about (brief, couple of paragraphs) and then submit them to websites that would find them of interest; websites relevant to your business of course.

For example...

Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Curves, etc. All of them and many different smaller organizations are thirsty for web content that will be of use to their members. Knowing what you must know about plus-size lingerie, you would be the perfect person to write an article about resizing your bra when you lose weight... Buying a great fitting bra is often very difficult for women, as you must know. Buying bras that will accommodate one's weight loss regime is probably a great topic for someone such as yourself to share in print.

If you can't write... There's a place to put your money. Pay a writer to draft the articles for you. You'll probably get a discount if both of your names are on the article. You have the expertise, they have the writing skill.

Also, I use a lot of press releases to let the world know what is going on with my business. Again, if you can't write one, there are relatively inexpensive services that will do this for you.

You can also hook up and do co-advertising with some of the companies whose products you carry... Get them linking to you as one of their retailers.

I've got a million other tricks for you, but unfortunately, limited time.

I hope these ideas help.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!