Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing Survey
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=350
350, Marketing Survey
Posted by allie, Fri Mar-23-07 08:12 AM
My husband and I have just recently started a new business in Canada. He has 25 years experience in the business.

I want to try to do some sort of a campaign or market survey.
The market survey will assist in our pricing strategy.

I would like to target a specific group.
Auto dealerships, RV, Marina's, and Professional offices and furniture stores.

We do repairs on leather, vinyl and fabric. We fix like magic!
Many companies out there are not even aware they can repair and don't have to reupholster.

Any suggestions on how to get our name out there?
Thanks!
351, RE: Marketing Survey
Posted by ljustforme2, Fri Mar-23-07 04:40 PM
Allie, You convinced me in a short time that you can "Fix Like Magic"!
Once you do a few clients, they will spread the word.. Take pictures of your before and after product, do something free for a friend and let them do the advertising for you by word. I truly believe with your husband's skill and your help your business will do just fine. Put an ad in the paper and be sure to include the statement above. Its very convincing. I wish you well.

Take Care
361, RE: Marketing Survey
Posted by promoz, Wed Mar-28-07 07:32 AM
Congrats on doing your homework (Bus plan).

Sounds like you've done your research and you're ready to get the word out.

You have a service business so one of the best ways to attract
customers is to go to where they are...

Typically what I do is the following and I think it would work for you too.

- Gather some marketing material (brochures, business cards, promotional products, a photo album showing before & after repairs, maybe even a demo you can perform).

- Head down to your nearby Auto, RV dealership and introduce yourself and your business.

Highlight your "benefits" - you "Fix like Magic." That tells me that now I see it, now I don't.

Here's a sample script - this is after you've found the person in charge, manager, owner, etc..

---------------

Hi Joe, I'm Jeff and I appreciate you taking a moment of your time to speak with me. I know you're busy, but I wanted to drop by and introduce myself and my business and how we can help you sell more cars at a higher price (screams how you can help them).

My company fixes leather, vinyl, and fabric like magic. What sells for a higher price - a car with a hole in the leather seats or one without? Instead of replacing it let us make it virtually disappear.

Here is some information about what we do. What would work better for you Tuesday or Wednesday at 10:00 am? I'd like to follow-up with you and demonstrate how our process works plus answer any questions you may have.

Wednesday works for you. Great! I'll see you Wednesday at 10:00.

Thanks for your time Joe and I look forward to meeting with you again.

---------------

Trust me - you visit places of business - see the people - and tell them how your business can "Benefit" their business - you'll find plenty of customers.

Don't forget your leave behinds - business cards, pens, pencils, aka promotional products.

Press on to Success,

Jeff

Make a Lasting Impression!
http://www.custom-business-promotional-products.com
362, RE: Marketing Survey
Posted by allie, Sat Mar-31-07 05:20 PM
Thanks Jeff.