Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Help getting clients
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=329&mesg_id=333
333, RE: Help getting clients
Posted by BizConsulting, Thu Mar-15-07 04:27 PM
Hello Steph;

Congratulations on starting your business.

When developing a marketing plan for your business, there isn't just one answer. Prospects respond to marketing in different ways. Some will prefer email, some a post card, some cold calling, hand written notes, etc. Bottom line, you are going to need to try a variety of things. Track where your sales are coming from so that you can maximize your return on investment from your marketing efforts.

By the way, those that are saying "Send me some information!" that is a tactic used to get you off the phone. When they say that, even when you have asked if it is okay to fax information, be sure to find out their interest in your information. A good comment at that point is, "I would be happy to send some information to you. However, I don't want to waste your time and paper by sending the wrong information. Do you mind if I ask what type of information you are looking for? What would you like to learn about my services and my background?" That should open the dialogue up more and hopefully lead to some business. Or, it might just cut somebody off the hook who was blowing you off with the "Just send me information" line.

As times goes on, you will develop a strong client list and you will be receiving referrals which is another form of marketing.

Have you read the book, "Word of Mouth Marketing" by Andy Sernovitz? Great read! www.wordofmouthbook.com

Good Luck in Your New Business

Suzanne
SHB Consultants
Try our E-Course for New Entrepreneur's www.newbiz-coaching.com