Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectPromote my business?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=316
316, Promote my business?
Posted by sherlockcz, Wed Mar-07-07 03:53 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this site, and I like what I have seen so far. But I was hoping to get some feedback on how to best promote my business. I primarily provide people and businesses with Czech/English interpreters and also perform translations.

I recently tried using Adwords to direct people to my site, but in 2 months it didn't generate one paying customer.
I have an advertisement on expats.cz (the biggest English portal site in the Czech Republic). Although it does generate a couple of sales, I still find that I'm not able to quit my normal job until things get better.

My question to you all is, what could I do to improve it? Am I missing something? I noticed that my site doesn't show up in any search engine results, even though I noticed it has a PR2 ranking. Any help or advice you could give would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Dean
317, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by fishrang, Wed Mar-07-07 03:25 PM
Hi Dean,
Welcome to ideacafe. Have you tried online classifieds? Or maybe using a link exchange service? Send me an email to steve@halfmoonsales.com and I can tell you of several places where you can promote your business.
Have a nice day!:-)
319, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by lisasgourmet, Fri Mar-09-07 08:24 AM
I would suggest that you contact your local Convention & Visitors Bureau and make them aware of your services. YOu could also contact your local Chamber of Commerce, and Small Business Development Center for help and marketing ideas.

Another avenue is to contact your local FBI, State Department, and head-hunters. They can also be a source for contracts.

As for the web site, do a search for intrepreters and look at the source code to see what their keywords are.

Good Luck!

Lisa :-)

http://www.allthingscheesecake.com

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with cheesecake!
321, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by Barcelona, Mon Mar-12-07 02:47 PM
WOW!!! I just had a translation client!!! the best way to get the word out about your business and secure clients is by Working with other translators and handling thier needs!!! try www.CyrusTranslation.com hope this helps you out!

322, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by gaph72, Tue Mar-13-07 06:33 AM
How do i promote my online coffee store and local store we even offer free shipping using a code 1972 http://www.batianpeak.net
Phillip
323, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by Barcelona, Tue Mar-13-07 07:07 AM
Coffee business

Well you have to do some link building
and place a few ads here and there... that will get some traffic to your site! Also try listings on Craigslist and Dmoz
:-)
325, RE: Promote my business?
Posted by Bloomtastic, Tue Mar-13-07 07:31 AM
I agree with one of the other posters...network! Contact your local Chamber. You have to let people know you are here and you what your service is. I'm big on networking and it works well for me. You have to get out there and talk to people.