Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: My peristence with the local media finally paid off!!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=23&mesg_id=68
68, RE: My peristence with the local media finally paid off!!!
Posted by Pepperfire, Mon Oct-16-06 09:02 AM
Hi Lisa,

Congrats on the coverage... but don't stop there.

We've been written up many times in the local paper and we still get new customers telling us that they saw our ad in the paper... Most of them get the paper that wrote the article wrong, when I ask which ad, btw. So I wouldn't let the article go to your head.

As Lisa said previously, it's rare that a single article will cause "droves" of customers to come to your store.

Your mission now, if you care to accept it, is to keep up the persistence and find other media to write about you. The more they write about you, the more exposure you will get.

Writing a press release about being in the local paper may seem silly, but it might get some lazy writer's attention and they'll want to snag up your story and use it to write their own. Writers often feed on what they read. That said, it is repeated exposure that is going to going to drive business to you.

Quick analogy... People win awards, do everything they can to make sure that everyone know they won that award and for a brief time, they experience a brief flurry of activity, then slowly, bit by bit, the activity drops away; until the phone stops ringing altogether. And then they wonder why they aren't doing more business than this, after all, they have this big award.

It is my experience that you need to ensure that you continue to do your marketing no matter how busy you get, or you will end up with a drought. A lot of businesses do that... busy period... drought... busy period... drought. Whatever you did, your persistence paid off and you received press coverage. Well, keep doing that, the more exposure you get, the better.

Now is not the time to rest on your laurels, now is the time to find the next media personality to cover you and your business.

Go girl!

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!