Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectNew Customers
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1650
1650, New Customers
Posted by bakeratthetop17, Sun Nov-27-11 11:46 AM
I opened D and S Treats about 6 months ago. It is a on line
bakery business. In this time I have not recieved one on line
order. I have tried on line advertising, local advertising.
flyers, business cards, direct mail and everything in between.
Nothing seems to work. We being a new business we have very
little for advertising. What can we do to get some on-line
business?
1653, RE: New Customers
Posted by BeyondFocused, Mon Dec-05-11 03:24 AM
If you've tried all of those things and haven't gotten any customers, the problem isn't your advertising method, it's the message.

Think about who your customer would be. Who uses an online bakery? What motivates them to buy baked goods online rather than going to the bakery down the street and getting to experience the wonderful smells and atmoshpere?

Is it lazy people who are too fat to leave the house? That would make for some funny advertising possibilities but I'm guessing it's going to be people looking to send baked goods as a gift.

So if you are going after people looking to send baked goods as a gift, make your advertising speak to those people. Don't send out "Hey everyone, come to our website and buy some stuff..." send out "Feel guilty about not calling your mom enough? Make up for it with muffins! Free shipping if you order before (date)." or make it about upcoming holidays or whatever...

Hope this helps
1660, RE: New Customers
Posted by yehudivilensky, Mon Dec-12-11 07:45 PM
Try a new marketing technique
Launch or offer a new product
Get more clicks
Launch a PR campaign
Ask for referrals
these are the techniques to get the business more in online...

http://www.finalyearstudentproject.com/
1663, RE: New Customers
Posted by mobiletownusa, Mon Dec-19-11 08:15 PM
Do you know how many hits the website recieves every day?

How long are they on your site, what pages are most popular?

If you get the meta tags and description done on every page of your website, do directory listings and write blogs on your area of expertise with back links. Also go to recipe sites and post recipes with backlinks to your online bakery.

Did you claim and verify your google,yahoo,and bing pages? These are free listing which will impact your biz.

Post on Craigslist

Hope that helped!

Merry Christmas