Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing to medium-large businesses
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1566
1566, Marketing to medium-large businesses
Posted by salted, Thu Jul-29-10 04:03 AM
My husband and I run a design firm (we do logos, business cards, etc as well as websites) with just the two of us. Our average client is a small business just like ours. Typically they will come to us for a logo, website, etc to promote their business. However, because a lot of these are companies with smaller budgets, we don't always see them again for repeat business. Our "dream client" would be a medium-large sized business (above 50 employees) that contracts work out to us on an ongoing basis. That way we have a steady stream of income and can be free to assist all the small businesses that come in and out and not have to worry about cash flow. We do have one client that fits this need perfectly, but ideally we would like to have one more.

So that is the background to my question. I would like to send out 50 letters to businesses that fit that category in my area and then follow up with at least one phone call. What kind of letter should I write? So far, I have these two options, but I don't really love either one:

My name is Mindy and my husband and I run a design firm here in Williamsburg. We offer a variety of services, including any sort of print design (logos, business cards, brochures, letterhead, etc), as well as the design and development of websites. If you have ANY questions about graphic design or about websites, do not hesitate to call us. We would love to help our fellow local businesses. So if you would like our help, we are only a call or an email away!

We wish you all the best in your business! Mindy

Do you have any print design or website projects that need to get done?

My husband and I run our own full service design firm called leppdesign. My husband has over 10 years of experience working in graphic design and holds a BA in Graphic Design as well as a BA in Fine Arts. Our design firm offers everything from logo design to your complete website and everything in between.

Since it is just my husband and myself working at our design firm, we are available to meet your design needs. This means no more waiting for months on end for simple projects to get done. We even offer what we call "The Personal Designer Program" where if you have a steady amount of design needs per month, we can fulfill those needs and be your "personal designer"!

I will follow up with a phone call if I don't hear back from you within the next couple weeks just to make sure you got my letter and see if we can assist your company in any way.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my letter and I look forward to talking with you!

Sincerely, Mindy