Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectPractical ideas to build your window cleaning business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1498&mesg_id=1552
1552, Practical ideas to build your window cleaning business
Posted by jct226, Mon Mar-22-10 03:23 AM
Take a minute and pinpoint who you want to be your clients. Do you want to work with builders? Homeowners? Businesses? High rises?

I've started 12 home service businesses and I'd recommend you focusing on home owners. Contractors are fickle and commercial work is very price competitive.

Drive around until you find some neighborhoods that need your service and can afford your service. Go door to door and offer a free window cleaning to one of the home owners.

Here is the reason why. You want to demonstrate the quality of your service and use them as a reference for the rest of the neighborhood.

Then go to the neighbors and tell them, "I just finished cleaning the windows at Mrs. Smiths and was wondering if you'd like a free estimate on getting your windows cleaned. There is no obligation and it will only take me about 5 minute to give you an estimate. I just walk around the outside of the house."

You can also buy mailing lists by postal routes. Buy a list of the neighborhood you want to target and send out postcards introducing your service. Mail a post card every 10 to 14 days for 3 to 4 months.

After finishing a job ask..."Do you have any friends that might be interested in having their windows cleaned?"

Be persistent. It will start slow but begin to mushroom after awhile. Don't give up.

Jeff