Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Creative ideas needed
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1326&mesg_id=1333
1333, RE: Creative ideas needed
Posted by LisaPR, Tue Feb-03-09 02:48 PM
I went to your website and I am glad to hear it is being revamped. Not that it was that bad but it wasn't dynamic at all.

Anyway, I would suggest pushing your courses to a more wider audience. Research other industries that may have need of those types of courses. You may want to also target individuals who are going abroad for business meetings, etc. Also if AU has government agencies that deal with labor and training for displaced workers, I think they too would be a good entity to market the ccourses to.

Is there a way to present the courses as seminars open to the public. Seminar would be held monthly on a specific day and time. People would pay a small fee to attend. This concept is based on volume, in order to succeed you need to increase the number of attendees. Each attendee hopefully will tell someone about the course and so on and so on. You could offer a discount on the next seminar you hold on a different topic. You could do a series of seminars shaped around the current economic climate. People always need refreshers on how to have a good job interview, what to wear, what not to wear, etc.

How is the merchandise department doing? Are there more products you could be selling? Have you tried using CafePress.com?

Do you support any charities? You could sponsor one of their events or host an event with proceeds going to thhis charity.

I also thought of new service - media training for executives. This would be marketed to pubic relations departments or agencies.

All of these ideas will get your agency in front of different audiences who may not know of your company. Some of them also provide revenue from various sources.

I hope some of this works for your situation. Keep us informed of how it goes.

Lisa Douglas, Inklusion PR
New discounted PR packages priced from $500-$2,000
www.inklusionpr.com